Sizzling tofu is considered as a vegetarian dish. It is easy to make with simple ingredients.
- 14oz extra firm tofu
- 2 tbspn red bell pepper
- 2 tbspn green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbspn butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbspn knorr liquid seasoning
- 1/2 tspn onion powder
- 2 tbspn water
- Cut tofu into cube
- Chop bell peppers and onion
- In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pot, deep fry cubed tofu until light brown. Remove from pot and placed into a plate with paper towel
- Saute onion and bell peppers.
- Add fried tofu.
- Pour half of the sauce. Stir and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- If you have a sizzling plate, heat plate and melt butter. Transfer tofu onto plate and pour remaining sauce. Toss and cook for 1 minute.
- If no sizzling plate, serve tofu and pour remaining sauce. Toss.