Puto is steamed rice cake served as snack or along with savory dishes such as pancit or dinuguan.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Puto mold
- Sift dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- Beat eggs then slowly add milk, water and vanilla (optional). Mix completely.
- Gradually pour wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Continuously mixing.
- Pour into mold or pan.
- In a steamer, boil water. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
- With a toothpick, stick in the middle of puto. Steam until no mixture sticks into toothpick.
- Add cheese on top.
- Remove from mold and serve.