Sour based soup is popular in the Philippines. It is pork based but fish, shrimp and/or chicken can be used.
- 2lbs. Pork
- 1 Sinigang mix
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bundle spinach or kangkong
- 1 bundle string beans or sitaw
- 1 bundle okra
- 2 eggplants
- 1 labanos
- 3 siling mahaba
- 6-8 cups of water - or recommended cups from sinigang mix
Also, you can add your favorite vegetables in the ingredients.
- Cut onions and tomatoes into quarters. Slice eggplants and labanos diagonally.
- Saute onions until color is transparent or until layers separate.
- Add pork and cook until brown.
- Pour water into pot and add sinigang mix
- Add tomatoes and let simmer for 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add sitaw and eggplant. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add kangkong and okra, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cover pot and turn off heat. Let vegetable cook using the remaining heat in the pot.
- Serve while hot.